Tuesday 24 December 2019

Best of the 2010s - 2018 - The Shape of Water

Another of the "I've already reviewed this on this blog" movies (linked at this link here). This is, I suppose, the official "oh, the Academy awards are not completely full of it the way I like to pretend they are" film, because dammit I love this film, a beautiful story of two outsiders finding each other, and finding people around them who protect them. Having said that, the Academy awards of course are complete bullshit for not awarding Richard Jenkins for this, because dammit he utterly broke my heart here. I said at the time this is definately Guillermo del Toro's best English language film and possibly his best overall, but I'd first have to rewatch this, "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Devil's BAckbone" next to each other, and then possibly die from an overdoes of movie perfection. But it'd be a good death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment